Our caring culture is fundamental to achieving Pfizer’s purpose to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ livesTM
. This includes developing innovative medicines and vaccines, encouraging colleague wellbeing, encouraging diversity and excellence in the workplace, supporting our community, and doing what we can to reduce our impact on the environment. Pfizer CARES incorporates four pillars to drive these efforts and support our caring culture.Patients
Patients are at the centre of our daily work. We seek to listen to, empower and support patients who take our medicines and vaccines. We do this in three key ways:
- Insights & Immersion – listening to patients and understanding their experience as best we can to respond with empathy and effective solutions where we can.
- Empowering & Equipping – investing in patient organisations and providing information to support clinical conversations that empower patients.
- Support & Service – investing in patient organisations and their services as well as some information and medication delivery services of our own.
The Pfizer CARES program is supported by the senior leadership team which meets regularly to discuss how Pfizer should best care for patients, colleagues, community, and our environment.
We achieve this by:
- Providing up to four volunteer days for colleagues
- A Pfizer CARES Community Collaboration Grant Program
- Team and individual volunteering activities
- Resources and support available for volunteering and running community events
- Pfizer Global Volunteer Challenge
- Red Cross Mobile Blood Bank Service onsite and available to all colleagues to contribute no matter where they are located
- Funds raised through colleague donations / fundraising activity
- Community / CSR Nominations / Awards
- Global Health Fellows Opportunity
We care for colleagues with a safe, diverse, and inclusive workplace and we uphold our values of Courage, Excellence, Joy and Equity in how we go about each day. Pfizer cares for its colleagues through a workplace that fosters a sense of community, encourages innovation, and lives and breathes a commitment to health and wellness.
Pfizer Australia has worked consistently to build a creative and thriving culture and workforce. Pfizer’s core value of Equity
underpins our commitment to delivering innovative policies and programs that help us create a workplace where colleagues feel they are heard, valued and belong.
We offer a range of Colleague Resource Groups (CRG) that colleagues can participate which help to drive a truly diverse, inclusive and equitable working environment.
Out Pfizer Employee Network (OPEN): The global colleague resource group for Pfizer's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT+) colleagues and their straight allies
Culture and Tradition: Aims to promote a greater understanding of the diverse cultural backgrounds of our colleagues, enhance a cohesive agile working ecosystem
AccessAbility: Focused on creating support pathways to a creating a disability inclusive workforce.
Gender Equity Network (GEN): A working group dedicated to addressing pay gap, flexibility and parental leave discussions within Pfizer
Pfizer has a global commitment to reducing the impact of our manufacturing and commercial activity on our environment. We care for the environment through:
- Recycling initiatives
- Packaging and waste reduction
- Energy reduction initiatives
- Manufacturing efficiencies
- Participating in Clean Up Australia Day
To find out more about Pfizer CARES and the work we have done over the past 5 years visit the summary report on the right hand side of this page.